Wgy isn't there a good RAD Gui tool fo python

Speedbird julio at techfuel.net
Mon Jul 11 12:38:22 EDT 2011

> On Windows, you're a customer and the developer wants to make using his
> application as convenient as possible for you, the customer.

So the well-behavioured, good-intentioned windows devs are making sure
the
customer feels pampered and cozy, how nice and dandy.

> On Unix you don't pay and the developer couldn't care less if his
> application works together with application b or how much it takes you
> to actually get this damn thing running.

Now, on the other hand, the bad, bearded, grumpy and ugly unix devs
want to make the customer's life miserable, bad boys..

What a load of bull, I am a unix developer and do _care_ for my
customers, being them sysadmins, end users or even windows heads,
and I am sure I am not the only one thinking this way.

The windows "way of doing things" ("user friendly experience", "point
and click", "plug and play") etc is not a bad one at all, it consists
of tools to allow developers who have lesser understanding about
computers
to create applications that will be used by users with also little
understanding
about computers in general, on the other hand, unix/linus/posix devs
develop
applications that can potentially be used more efficiently by people
with great understanding about computers in general.

Both have their user base, and this is IMO the primary reason why
windows
is the dominant OS currently, those with little understanding about
computers and technology in general far outnumber those who do.