Wgy isn't there a good RAD Gui tool fo python

rantingrick rantingrick at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 15:03:37 EDT 2011

On Jul 11, 1:28 pm, Ivan Kljaic <iklj... at gmail.com> wrote:

> To summarize it. It would be very helpfull for python to spread if
> there qould be one single good rad gui builder similar to vs or
> netbeAns but for python.

Well don't hold your breath friend because i have been ranting for
years about the sad state of GUI libraries (not just in Python but
everywhere). However if somehow "we" (the Python community) could grow
a collective brain and build the three tiered system (that i proposed
on THIS very list!) then we would have something that no one has! Yes,
we would have a future!

 * Layer1: A 3rd party low level GUI library (owned by the python
community) that will be the base from which to build the cake.  A Gui
library that carries the torch of true 21st century GUI's look and
feel, and widgets! (aka: lots of C code here).

 * Layer2: An abstraction of Layer1 (written in 100% python) for the
python std library. (think "PythonGUI")

 * Layer3: A Graphical GUI builder front end for this expansive and
beautiful library (so the kids can play along too).

Yes, i DID mention a Graphical Builder. Even though i'd never use one,
i DO realize the importance of such tools to this community.