Wgy isn't there a good RAD Gui tool fo python

sturlamolden sturlamolden at yahoo.no
Mon Jul 11 15:37:32 EDT 2011

On 11 Jul, 20:28, Ivan Kljaic <iklj... at gmail.com> wrote:

> The ony worthly ones mentioning as an gui builder are boa constructor
> fo wx, qtDesigner with the famous licence problems why companies do
> not want to work with it, sharpdevelop for ironpython and netbeans for
> jython.

There is wxFormBuilder for wxPython, I suppose you've missed it. Of
three GUI builders for wxPython (wxFormBuilder, wxGLADE, Boa
Constructor), you managed to pick the lesser.

The license for Qt is LGPL, the same as for wxWidgets. Both have LGPL
Python bindings (PySide and wxPython), so why is Qt's license more
scary than wxWidgets?

I have an idea why you think QtCreator cannot be used with Python. If
you had actually used it, you would have noticed that the XML output
file can be compiled by PyQt and PySide.

SharpDevelop for IronPython means you've missed Microsoft Visual
Studio. Bummer.

And I am not going to mention IBM's alternative to NetBeans, as I am
sure you can Google it.

And did you forget abpout GLADE, or do you disregard GTK (PyGTK) as a
toolkit completely?

Regards,
Sturla