Wgy isn't there a good RAD Gui tool fo python

sturlamolden sturlamolden at yahoo.no
Mon Jul 11 16:52:48 EDT 2011

On 11 Jul, 22:35, Kevin Walzer <k... at codebykevin.com> wrote:

> One reason there hasn't been much demand for a GUI builder is that, in
> many cases, it's just as simpler or simpler to code a GUI by hand.

Often a GUI builder is used as a bad replacement for sketch-pad and
pencil.

With layout managers (cf. wxWidgets, Qt, Swing, SWT, Tkinter) it is
easier to "sketch and code" than with common MS Windows toolkits (eg.
MFC, .NET Forms, Visual Basic, Delphi) which use absolute positioning
and anchors. Using a GUI builder with layout managers might actually
feel awkward. But with absolute positioning and anchors, there is no
way to avoid a GUI builder. That said, we have good GUI builders for
all the common Python GUI toolkits.

Sometimes a mock-up GUI designer like DesignerVista might help.

Yes, and actually hiring a graphical designer helps too.

Sturla