Wgy isn't there a good RAD Gui tool fo python

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Mon Jul 11 22:35:27 CEST 2011

On 7/11/11 2:28 PM, Ivan Kljaic wrote:
> Did you notice that 2 of these 4 are not for python? One is out of dTe
> and one has a fucked up licence. Sorry guys but there is not even one
> single rad gui tool for python as long as there is no serious
> guibuilder.

One reason there hasn't been much demand for a GUI builder is that, in
many cases, it's just as simpler or simpler to code a GUI by hand.
Certainly with the Tkinter library this is trivial. The only GUI builder
I've ever used that was arguably superior to hand-coding is Interface
Builder, on Mac OS X, and it's truly needed there. (The Cocoa frameworks
don't really lend themselves to hand-coding.) Otherwise I find GUI
builders inflexible, and more trouble than they are worth.

--
Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin