Functional style programming in python: what will you talk about if you have an hour on this topic?

Gregory Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Thu Jul 14 05:32:40 CEST 2011

Anthony Kong wrote:

> So I have picked this topic for one of my presentation. It is because
> functional programming technique is one of my favorite in my bag  of python trick.

I'm not sure it's a good idea to emphasise functional
programming too much. Python doesn't really lend itself
to a heavily functional style. While you *can* write
Python code that way, it's not idiomatic, and you're
likely to give beginners a distorted idea of how Python
is normally written.

--
Greg