Possible File iteration bug

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 00:07:34 EDT 2011

On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 1:42 PM, Steven D'Aprano
> Okay, we've come up with the solution of a new exception, PauseIteration,
> that the iterator protocol will recognise. Now we have to:
>
> - write an implementation or patch adding that functionality;

- and add it to our own personal builds of Python, thus bypassing the
entire issue of getting it accepted into Python. Of course, this does
mean that your brilliant code only works on your particular build of
Python, but I'd say that this is the first step - before writing up
the PEP, run it yourself and see whether you even like the way it
feels.

THEN, once you've convinced yourself, start convincing others (ie PEP).

ChrisA