Looking for general advice on complex program

Josh English Joshua.R.English at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 13:34:58 EDT 2011

I found a FileLock (lost the link and it's not in the code) that uses context managers to create a ".lock" file in the same directory of the file. It uses os.unlink to delete the .lock file but I don't know if this deletes the file or just removes it from the directory and leaves the memory filled. If it does, I don't know if the OS will overwrite that memory. I'm afraid of taking up lots of space that I don't need with this program.

The docs indicate that Unix recovers the memory, but I'm not sure about Windows.

Josh