Proposal to extend PEP 257 (New Documentation String Spec)

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 19:09:25 EDT 2011

On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 5:23 AM, Michael Hrivnak <mhrivnak at hrivnak.org> wrote:
> Dodgy medium?  Such as?  I just avoid sending code over any medium
> that is going to change the text in any way.  Are you sending it with
> an instant messenger client or something?  There are lots of ways,
> some very convenient, to transfer files without them being modified.
> If you need to quickly share little snippets where an instant-message
> type medium is tempting, perhaps try pastebin.com.

MUDs are kinda like IM systems only more... and less. It's a lot
easier to simply share the code directly. Going to pastebin or similar
means switching to the web browser; and quite a few people have used a
MUD while unable, for various reasons, to access the web (usually this
turns out to be a DNS issue, but not always). Anyway, I never said
that Python was permanently unsuitable, but it's nice when I don't
have to worry about formatting.

ChrisA