Tabs -vs- Spaces: Tabs should have won.

Corey Richardson kb1pkl at aim.com
Sun Jul 17 12:28:16 EDT 2011

Excerpts from Thorsten Kampe's message of Sun Jul 17 11:10:57 -0400 2011:
> The "perfect programming font" is just the one that looks so good that
> you would also use it for writing email. Dejavu Sans Mono is pretty
> good. Consolas looks also looks good but it is Windows only.

I use inconsolata, but I  hate the look of it un-bold at small sizes, so
I keep it bold all the time. I've started using DejaVu very recently because
of that, it looks better on screen at small sizes (pixelsize=9 in my
~/.Xdefaults, as opposed to the 12 and bold with inconsolata). Inconsolata
looks great on paper, though. DejaVu Sans Mono isn't the prettiest thing
but it certainly gets the job done.
--
Corey Richardson
  "Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves"