Tabs -vs- Spaces: Tabs should have won.

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Sun Jul 17 20:54:40 EDT 2011

Chris Angelico wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 2:53 AM, rantingrick <rantingrick at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> [a whole lot of guff]
>
> Rick, you need to:
>
> 1) Grab the Python source code
> 2) Make your own version of Python that works the way you want it
> 3) Call it something different
> 4) Start your own mailing list.
>
> Put your money - or, in this case, development time - where your big
> ranting mouth is. Prove that your ideas are worth something by acting
> on them.

Ha ha, oh that's hilarious!!!

Back in 2007, a n00b calling himself "TheFlyingDutchman" who I am
*reasonably* sure was Rick decided to fork Python:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2007-September/1127123.html

Then in 2010, Rick promised that if the Python developers didn't bow to his
demands, he would folk Python, and the silent majority who agreed with him
but were too terrified to say so publicly would drop CPython in a flash and
follow him.

Thread starts here: read and weep.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/python/python/835227?do=post_view_threaded#835227

How's that fork going Rick? Written a single line of code yet?

--
Steven