a little parsing challenge ☺

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Mon Jul 18 19:56:21 EDT 2011

Billy Mays wrote:

> On 07/17/2011 03:47 AM, Xah Lee wrote:
>> 2011-07-16
>
> I gave it a shot.  It doesn't do any of the Unicode delims, because
> let's face it, Unicode is for goobers.

Goobers... that would be one of those new-fangled slang terms that the young
kids today use to mean its opposite, like "bad", "wicked" and "sick",
correct?

I mention it only because some people might mistakenly interpret your words
as a childish and feeble insult against the 98% of the world who want or
need more than the 127 characters of ASCII, rather than understand you
meant it as a sign of the utmost respect for the richness and diversity of
human beings and their languages, cultures, maths and sciences.

--
Steven