The following modules appear to be missing - py2exe

miamia peterirbizon at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 08:32:26 EDT 2011

On Jul 19, 1:13 pm, Noon Silk <noonsli... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 7:47 PM, Peter Irbizon <peterirbi... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello, please I have problem with "The following modules appear to be
> > missing" message during compiling my app exe file with py2exe. What should I
> > do with this? Many thanks in advance.
>
> > The following modules appear to be missing
>
> > [...]
>
> What does your setup.py look like? I was able to solve this my
> including the relevant libs in the following:
>
> setup(windows=[{'script': 'foo.py'}],
>     options={
>         'py2exe':
>         {
>             'includes': ['gzip', 'other libs here'],
>         }
>     }
> )
>
> Given from here: <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5308760/py2exe-lxml-woes>
>
> --
> Noon Silk |http://dnoondt.wordpress.com/>
>
> Fancy a quantum lunch?http://groups.google.com/group/quantum-lunch?hl=en
>
> "Every morning when I wake up, I experience an exquisite joy — the joy
> of being this signature."

my setup.py looks like this:
# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
from distutils.core import setup
import py2exe
import sys

class Target:
       def __init__(self, **kw):
           self.__dict__.update(kw)
           self.version = "0.9.0.002"
target = Target(
       script = "app.py",
       icon_resources=[(1, 'ico.ico')],
       )

setup(
    name = 'xx',
    author='abc',

    windows = [target],

    options = {
                  'py2exe': {
                      'packages':'encodings, kinterbasdb',
                      'includes': 'cairo, pango, pangocairo, atk,
gobject, gio',
                  }
              },

    data_files=[],
)

there must be something missing. I will try to find it out what is it.