Use self.vars in class.method(parameters, self.vars)

rantingrick rantingrick at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 15:16:52 EDT 2011

On Jul 22, 2:00 pm, John Gordon <gor... at panix.com> wrote:

> Why did you say he (Bruno) was wrong?

I'll admit my yelling the word "WRONG" may have been interpreted as me
suggesting that bruno was completely wrong. Bruno is correct about all
class identifiers starting with a capital letter HOWEVER if he just
stops at that point and does not explain the "CapWords convention"
lots of people may start down the road of a foolish consistency.

My chastisement of Bruno was only on the grounds of him failing to
offer the required amount of information to a new python programmer.
We should ALWAYS remove any ambiguities from our statements to new
users AND we should always link to the PEP8 when these type of style
questions come up.

It is SO very important that WE as a community are consistent in our
syntactical conventions. For me PEP8 does not go far enough and very
soon i will draft a "PyWart Expose" concerning the matter.