[PyWart 1001] Inconsistencies between zipfile and tarfile APIs

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri Jul 22 15:49:19 EDT 2011

On 7/22/2011 4:26 AM, Lars Gustäbel wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 08:46:05PM -0700, rantingrick wrote:

>> PS: I will be posting more warts very soon. This stdlib is a gawd
>> awful mess!
>
> I do not agree. Although I come across one or two odd things myself from time
> to time, I think the stdlib as a whole is great, usable and powerful.
>
> The stdlib surely needs our attention. Instead of answering your post, I should
> have been writing code and fixing bugs ...

I am glad you posted, both to get your rebuttal and know you are still
active. I had presumed that the two modules were written by different
people at different times and hence the different apis. I do not know
the details of either well enough to know how consistent they could be.

You are right that discussing can be a distraction from coding;-).

--
Terry Jan Reedy