PEP 8 and extraneous whitespace

AlienBaby matt.j.warren at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 08:46:53 EDT 2011

> (on limiting line lengths)..

I didn't see this mentioned;

I have a hard time keeping python code limited to 80 char line lengths
_because_ indentation is significant, and can end up consuming quite a
lot of linespace itself.  Couple that with a liking for
long_memorable_explanatory_names, and an 80 char limit causes (me)
problems.

So I tend to use the print margin just as a guide. If I am over it,
then don't panic! just don't put any new elements onto the line, and
maybe step back and think about what your doing just in case theres
another clear way that avoids the issue.