abort python script from trace function

Dave Stark David.Stark at intusurg.com
Tue Jul 26 10:56:23 EDT 2011

Update:

I ended getting the desired result by registering a new trace function.  In my existing trace function I check the status of the abort button.  When it's been triggered I register a NEW trace function using PyEval_SetTrace.  I also use PyEval_SetProfile and point them both at my new trace function.  The new trace function just raises a python exception using PyErr_SetString.  Then I return -1 from the trace function.  It gets called several times but eventually the script dies.  This works even when the python script running is an insane set of nested try/except loops.