What's in a name?

Andrew Berg bahamutzero8825 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 23:25:21 EDT 2011

I know I really shouldn't be spending too much time and effort on a
name, but for some reason, it's really bothering me that I can't come up
with good names for the projects I'm working on.

The first (and main) project is a module that provides a class for
holding information related to audio/video encoding/muxing and methods
that encode/mux based on that info. The aim is to provide a backend for
encoding/muxing programs. Essentially, one using the module can write a
program that is essentially an interface without worrying about writing
any wrappers around encoding/muxing programs or logic to manipulate
related data.

The other two are programs that use the module. One is a CLI program and
the other is a PyQt GUI program.

I came up with abstract names (see below) that I don't really like
(because they're so abstract). I also came up with another name for the
module that's okay: Maven (Module for Audio and Video ENcoding).

In case you want to see the code (not complete by a long shot, and they
need to be refactored):
Module -
http://elucidation.hg.sourceforge.net/hgweb/elucidation/elucidation/file/f8da0b15ecca/elucidation.py
CLI app -
http://disillusion-cli.hg.sourceforge.net/hgweb/disillusion-cli/disillusion-cli/file/947d230dbfc3/disillusion.py
I have no code written for the GUI app yet.

Any ideas?
--
CPython 3.2.1 | Windows NT 6.1.7601.17592 | Thunderbird 5.0
PGP/GPG Public Key ID: 0xF88E034060A78FCB