Deeply nested dictionaries - should I look into a database or am I just doing it wrong?

Andrew Berg bahamutzero8825 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 23:10:43 EDT 2011

On 2011.07.30 09:43 PM, Rustom Mody wrote:
> I use pyyaml for such. http://yaml.org/
> The builtin json support http://docs.python.org/library/json.html is a bit
> weaker but has the advantage of no extra install
I don't need a format to share or store the data. I'm perfectly content
to pickle the class instance for storage purposes since I don't need to
share with anything that wouldn't understand the pickled class instance.

I'm looking for pointers on design. I'm inexperienced but cautious and
am mostly wondering if there's an easier way to "format" this data or if
this approach will lead to problems.

--
CPython 3.2.1 | Windows NT 6.1.7601.17592 | Thunderbird 5.0
PGP/GPG Public Key ID: 0xF88E034060A78FCB