/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", for Tk/python2.7/lib-dynload/_tkinter.so, hon2.

Joel Godin joel.godin at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 09:19:38 EDT 2011

Also happens with python3.1 and OSX 10.6.8

import tkinter  #yields:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "imptk.py", line 1, in <module>
    import tkinter
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.1/lib/python3.1/tkinter/__init__.py", line 39, in <module>
    import _tkinter # If this fails your Python may not be configured for Tk
ImportError: dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.1/lib/python3.1/lib-dynload/_tkinter.so, 2): no suitable image found.  Did find:
	/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.1/lib/python3.1/lib-dynload/_tkinter.so: mach-o, but wrong architecture