How to avoid confusion with method names between layers of a package

Ian Kelly ian.g.kelly at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 13:21:55 EDT 2011

> So far so good. The problem is that a CubeGrid instance is also a wx.Grid
instance. However, different naming conventions apply there. All method
names in wxPython are coming from C++. They use CamelCase method names.
There is a naming conflict. What should I do?

> Solution #1: Mix CamelCase and PEP 8 names in the CubeGrid class. Very
ugly, inconsistent.

This is what I like to do when working with wx. It's ugly, but it makes it
easy to distinguish the methods defined by wx from my own custom methods.