Deeply nested dictionaries - should I look into a database or am I just doing it wrong?

Andrew Berg bahamutzero8825 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 18:26:54 EDT 2011

On 2011.07.31 03:53 PM, Philip Semanchuk wrote:
> To the OP -- if you're looking to write this to disk, I recommend XML or SQLite.
I have a method that writes the data to disk, but at this point, I don't
see any problems with just pickling the class instance. XML might be a
good way to provide something easily read and edited by humans, though
(one major goal of the class design is to let the user provide as much
or as little info as he/she wants with a pickle or config/XML file and
provide the rest with the program's interface).  I doubt I'll use a
database for storage; it's quite practical to keep everything in memory.

--
CPython 3.2.1 | Windows NT 6.1.7601.17592 | Thunderbird 5.0
PGP/GPG Public Key ID: 0xF88E034060A78FCB