Python Contribution

Eric Snow ericsnowcurrently at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 11:55:36 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 4:31 AM, Shankar Raman <shankaraman.r at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Hello everyone,
>      My name is Shankarraman and I have been working with Python for past 5
> months.I find it really interesting and cool and would like to know
> different ways I can contribute to it. Though I went through the bug lists,
> I was wondering if I could contribute to Python in other ways.

You're in luck, Shankar.  You can you hop into the dev guide
(http://docs.python.org/devguide/) which will at least get you [very]
started.

Not only that, but there is also a mailing list specifically for
mentoring people that want to get started at contributing to Python:
core-mentorship at python.org.

This a wonderful community and I hope you find the opportunity to jump right in!

-eric