Updated blog post on how to use super()

Ian Kelly ian.g.kelly at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 13:06:02 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 10:46 AM, Billy Mays <noway at nohow.com> wrote:
> What it does is clear to me, but why is it interesting or special isn't.
>  This looks like a small feature that would be useful in a handful of cases.

Well, I agree with you there.  The complexity introduced by super
typically outweighs the benefits it provides, IMO.  The only time when
it is really necessary is in non-trivial diamond inheritance
situations (to avoid calling the same method on some base class more
than once), and in those cases I think it is simply better to not use
multiple inheritance in the first place.

Cheers,
Ian