Multiprocessing.connection magic

Claudiu Popa cpopa at bitdefender.com
Fri Jun 3 02:28:22 EDT 2011

Hello guys,
      While  working  at a dispatcher using
  multiprocessing.connection.Listener  module  I've stumbled upon some
  sort    of  magic  trick  that  amazed  me. How is this possible and
  what  does  multiprocessing  library doing in background for this to
  work?

  Client, Python 2.6

  >>> from multiprocessing.connection import Client
  >>> client = Client(("localhost", 8080))
  >>> import shutil
  >>> client.send(shutil.copy)

  Server, 3.2
  >>> from multiprocessing.connection import Listener
  >>> listener = Listener(("localhost", 8080))
  >>> con = listener.accept()
  >>> data = con.recv()
  >>> data
  <function copy at 0x024611E0>