Updated now can't scroll uparrow

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Fri Jun 3 04:08:12 EDT 2011

In article
<730fedb4-a3ad-46df-ad66-2376d0af4d4d at p13g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>,
 Gnarlodious <gnarlodious at gmail.com> wrote:
> After copious headscratching I took Ned's advice and went for 3.2
> which includes built-in interactive arrow key support. To any Mac OSX
> readers, save yourself the trouble and don't even try Python 3.1.3.

Or use a binary installer (like those provided by python.org) or a
third-party package distributor (like MacPorts or Homebrew) that has
done the hard work for you.  That said, you should find many
improvements in 3.2.x over 3.1.x.  3.2.1rc1 ("rc" == "release
candidate") is available now and an rc2 should be available in the very
near future.  If you have to stick with 3.1 for some reason, there's
also a 3.1.4rc1 available now.  And a 2.7.2rc1.  All available with
source, Windows installers, and Mac OS X installers.

http://www.python.org/download/releases/3.2.1/
http://www.python.org/download/releases/3.1.4/
http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.7.2/

--