Python Card alternatives?

rzed rzantow at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 09:07:27 EDT 2011

Desktop apps don't seem to be the wave of the future, but they still
serve a useful purpose today. They can be ideal for a quick database
table management screen, or a data entry front end for a program with
a bunch of parameters. It's not easy enough to build a quick utility
with a GUI front end, though. Wax and PythonCard (and maybe others)
tried to hit that niche, but development on both is spotty at best.
Some claim that Dabo's gui builder is a good one for this purpose, and
maybe it can be. Are there any other, better solutions?

I've been looking at Rebol lately, and it has some points of interest.
I much prefer Python as a language, but Rebol View's layout
specifications are wonderfully concise, and the support code seems to
be fairly straightforward as well. Has anyone tried to mimic their
approach in Python?

--
rzed