Python 2.6 OR 3.2

SigmundV sigmundv at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 19:08:22 EDT 2011

I'm using 2.7.1, because that's what my Ubuntu 11.04 bundles (python --
version reports 2.7.1+ though, no idea what the + means). On the other
hand, Ubuntu provides 3.2 packages via apt-get, so I'm in the process
of migrating to 3k. I really like the focus on laziness in 3k (don't
know if 'focus' is the right word though, but there definitely are
more lazy features in 3k). E.g. it's great that map and filter return
iterators now (yes, I use them, how Guido finds them confusing is
beyond me).

To the OP I'd say: learn Python through 3.2. It's the best way
forward, for the sake of yourself and others. The only way more
modules can become 3k compatible is if more people use 3k.

/Sigmund