Looking for Coders or Testers for an Open Source File Organizer

zainul franciscus zainul.franciscus at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 23:55:54 EDT 2011

I started an open source file organizer called Miranda.  Miranda is
inspired by Belvedere written by Adam Pash of Lifehacker (http://
lifehacker.com/341950/belvedere-automates-your-self+cleaning-pc). I
know you guys must be thinking "Hmm, Miranda, isn't that an IM
application ?"; Yep I hear you, I'll change the name once I get a good
name. I am open for any suggestions.

Miranda is written in Python, meant for Ubuntu, but hopefully it can
be tested for every Linux Flavour. I have nothing much to offer in
return for the software,but I will acknowledge your contribution in
the software, and give credit to anyone helping when I feature Miranda
in How-To Geek : http://www.howtogeek.com/

I am a beginner in python, so the code may look a bit messy, and I am
open to rewrite the code if I can get a mentor whom I can pair with
for coding the application. I do have 7+ years of programming, web
development, database, desktop, you name it. So I am not totally blind
of programming, but it will be great to get an experienced python
programmer who has the passion for coding, and the patience to mentor
a beginner python.

The chief geek has given his nod of approval to publish Miranda
through how-to geek, and I can pitch any of your software to him, and
write an article about it - provided that the chief geek approve the
software.