Rant on web browsers

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 04:46:25 EDT 2011

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 6:39 PM, Martin P. Hellwig
<martin.hellwig at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 14/06/2011 07:31, Chris Angelico wrote:
> <cut>
>>
>> But if anyone feels like writing an incompatible browser, please can
>> you add Python scripting?
>
> You might find that Pyjamas already fill your needs python/javascript wise.
> It is truly great to just write python, translate it, and then have it work
> in the browser.

I had a (very) quick glance at that; it entails a fairly large library
that has to get loaded. It still comes down to "the only way to
improve this is to dish out a huge helping of .js to everyone who
comes", which imho is unideal.

That said, though, my context for this job was "tiny thing, just do
the same as you're doing on the back-end". For something larger, I may
well give Pyjamas a whirl.

Chris Angelico