Subprocess Startup Error

Dan Riner riner at usna.edu
Tue Jun 14 15:01:36 EDT 2011

I just installed Python 3.2 and when starting the GUI from the start menu I
get a Subprocess Startup Error message : "IDLE's subprocess didn't make
connection.  Either IDLE can't start a subprocess or personal firewall
software is blocking the connection."  I'm running XP (SP3) and have added
python to windows firewall exceptions and then turned off the firewall all
together to no avail.  I was running Python 2.6 previously and never had
this problem.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Dan