Trapping MySQLdb warnings

Tim Johnson tim at johnsons-web.com
Thu Jun 16 11:55:33 EDT 2011

* Tim Johnson <tim at johnsons-web.com> [110615 18:53]:
> * geremy condra <debatem1 at gmail.com> [110615 18:03]:
> > On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 6:58 PM, Tim Johnson <tim at johnsons-web.com> wrote:
> > > Using Python 2.6.5 on linux.
> > >
> > > When using MySQLdb I am getting warnings printed to stdout, but I would
> > > like to trap, display and log those warnings.
> <.....>
> > Have you tried http://docs.python.org/library/warnings.html#temporarily-suppressing-warnings
>   Hi Geremy:
>   I just looked at the docs there. This is a new module (to me), and
>   I am unsure of the implementation or whether this is what I should
>   use.
>   I tried the following :
> 		try :
> 			self.__rdb.execute(S)
> 		except warnings.catch_warnings:
> 			std.mrk('',0,"mysql.py:196")  ## DEBUG call
> ## and it does not look like my code modification
> ## is catching the warning.
  Well, I am so far, absolutely baffled. I've looked at the docs for
  the `warning' module. No real examples that I can see. and why has
  the _mysql_exceptions.Warning exception no longer working?
  grrr..
  Be good to hear some other experiences here.
  thanks
--
Tim
tim at johnsons-web dot com or akwebsoft dot com