What's the best way to write this base class?

John Salerno johnjsal at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 12:26:39 EDT 2011

Whew, thanks for all the responses! I will think about it carefully
and decide on a way. I was leaning toward simply assigning the health,
resource, etc. variables in the __init__ method, like this:

def __init__(self, name):
    self.name = name
    self.health = 50
    self.resource = 10

I never did like the idea of using the parameters if I never intended
to pass them in...just seems wrong.   :)

The idea of not using a base Character class at all threw me for a
loop though, so I need to think about that too!