Question regarding DNS resolution in urllib2

Michael Hrivnak mhrivnak at hrivnak.org
Sat Jun 18 14:03:10 EDT 2011

The latest libcurl includes the CURLOPTS_RESOLVE option
(http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/curl_easy_setopt.html) that will do
what you want.  It may not have made its way into pycurl yet, but you
could just call the command-line curl binary with the --resolve
option.  This feature was introduced in version 7.21.3.

Michael