Python 2.7.2 for Windows reports version as 2.7.0?

python at bdurham.com python at bdurham.com
Sun Jun 19 11:35:38 EDT 2011

Hi Mark,

> The version info comes from the DLL - I wonder if the DLL being found is somehow old?
>
> Make sure:

> Is the DLL you expect.

After uninstalling and reinstalling for the current user only (vs. all
users), Python now reports the correct version number.

And running your code above confirms that the proper DLL is being loaded
(c:\Python27\Python27.dll).

My original version of Python 2.7.0 was installed for all users and when
I ran the 2.7.2 MSI I chose to install for all users as well.

After running the 2.7.2 MSI, my Python exe's had the correct timestamps,
but I failed to check the python27.dll timestamp to see if this file was
out-of-date.

I wonder if changing my install method to current user forced the
installation of the updated python27.dll? And perhaps the default 2.7.2
installation in all users mode (when one is updating an existing 2.7
installation) doesn't update the Python27.dll under some conditions?

Regards,
Malcolm