running multiple scripts -- which way is more elegant?

Florencio Cano florencio.cano at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 02:21:31 EDT 2011

> I'd be inclined toward the second solution if I'm writing all the code
> myself, but very definitely the first if someone else might write one
> of the subscripts (especially so if this is going to be distributed
> widely) - spawning a new process means that the system's isolation of
> processes keeps your system safe. If you don't need that measure of
> protection, I would still surround the import and check() call with
> try/except and gracefully handle any errors.

I'm with Chris, if the config_scripts are going to be implemented in
Python always, the second solution is better for me as the operative
system is less involved. But if you would like to have scripts with
different nature, the first one is best. What about to implement the
two alternatives depending on the config_script type?