Improper creating of logger instances or a Memory Leak?

foobar wjshipman at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 10:50:30 EDT 2011

Yes, I asked it on stack overflow first and didn't see an quick
reply.  I'm trying to tighten up this code as much as possible in a
final pre-production push; I apologize for being overly antsy about
this.  This is my pet project to upgrade our core systems from an
ancient IBM language that Moses might have used.

Currently I'm using python 3.1.2 (sorry for the obvious omission).

Regarding adding a new logger for each thread - each thread represents
a telephone call in a data collection system. I need to be able to
cleanly provided call-logging for debugging to my programmers as well
as data logging and verification; having a single log file is somewhat
impractical.  To use the logging filtering then I would have to be
dynamically adding to the filtering hierarchy continuously, no?

Thanks!
Bill