running an existing script

Adam Chapman adamchapman1985 at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Jun 21 13:45:37 EDT 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to put together a lot of pieces of source code in matlab,
java, perl and python.

Im an expert when it comes to matlab, but novice in all the others
listed above. However, I have integrated the java and perl code so
they can be called from matlab.

I know that there is a toolbox out there called Pymat but i think that
uses 32bit activex so rules my configuration out.

However I think I can hack in to the python command prompt from
matlab.

Basically I just want to run a single script from the python command
window. Once I know how to do that I can be off on my way to perform
the matlab interfacing.

there is an example of the command I need in the python prompt at
http://jboost.sourceforge.net/doc.html#cv .

however, I can't seem to run the python script by typing the command
on that link in the python prompt.

Can I please ask how to set the current duirectory in python?

the script I want to run is in a different directory to the one python
is installed to