running an existing script

Ethan Furman ethan at stoneleaf.us
Wed Jun 22 13:46:56 EDT 2011

Adam Chapman wrote:
> Thanks a lot, must be getting close now...
> I changed the indentation one lines 136-168, and put in the command
> window:
>
> nfold.py --booster=Adaboost --folds=5 --data=spambase.data --
> spec=spambase.spec --rounds=500 --tree=ADD_ALL --generate
>
> no syntax errors this time, it just said:
> nfold.py: Your CLASSPATH is not set. You must place jboost.jar in your
> CLASSPATH.
>
> is that the chdir() command in python? and can I somehow set that in
> the dos command window?

CLASSPATH is an environment variable, jboost.jar is a java file (which
I'm sure you know ;) -- so make sure CLASSPATH is set appropriately for
your system (e.g. 'set CLASSPATH=c:\java\source'), and jboost.jar is
whereever CLASSPATH points to.  (I'm not a Java fan, so can't provide
much help in this area.)

~Ethan~