User Authentication

Anurag anurag26 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 01:02:37 EDT 2011

On Jun 22, 7:01 pm, Adam Tauno Williams <awill... at whitemice.org>
wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-06-22 at 06:34 -0700, Anurag wrote:
> > Hi All,
>
> > I am working on application which needs to do a authentication against
> > LDAP, if LDAP not installed then local system account (administrator
> > user in windows and root user in Linux). This should work on both
> > Windows and Linux.
>
> See python-ldap

I looked into python-ldap, it supports ldap authentication. But I
didn't find anything that support local system account authentication
when no LDAP both in windows and Linux.

Ond more thing, somebody suggested me to use PAM. Is it a good choice
and whether it supports both Windows and Linux? Please let me know
which is best to use.

Regards,
Anurag