Question regarding DNS resolution in urllib2

Michael Hrivnak mhrivnak at hrivnak.org
Sat Jun 25 16:27:41 EDT 2011

As I noted, the feature was introduced in version 7.21.3.  From your
post, it looks like you're running version 7.19.7.  Perhaps you should
look into getting a newer version of curl.

Or if you're feeling brave and have some C skills, you could try
implementing this feature in pycurl!  That would be a help to you, and
a way to give back to the open source community.

Best of luck,
Michael