Python 3 syntax error question

rzed rzantow at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 09:04:20 EDT 2011

I've tried to install PySVG in a Python 3 setting, and I get a few
errors on the build. Most are easy to fix, but this one I can't
explain or fix:

<error>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "builders.py", line 12, in <module>
    from pysvg.shape import *
  File "C:\Python32\lib\site-packages\pysvg\shape.py", line 91
    def moveToPoint(self,(x,y)):
                         ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
</error>

The moveToPoint method occurs three times in the file, with identical
signatures. The other two are not showing up as errors, though since
they occur later in the file, that may not be indicative.

I don't see anything erroneous in this line. The syntax error often
comes from the previous line, but I've moved this method around and
it has always failed on this line and no other, regardless of what
went before.

I'm new to Py3, so maybe there's some obvious thing I'm not seeing
here. Does anyone have any suggestions?

--
rzed