Python 3 syntax error question

Jerry Hill malaclypse2 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 12:50:52 EDT 2011

On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 11:31 AM, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sure, but you don't _have_ to look at the diff. Just run it through
> 2to3 and see how it runs. Never know, it might work direct out of the
> box!

This has been my experience, by the way.  I've used a few small pure
python libraries written for python 2.x that don't have 3.x versions,
and they've all worked just fine with just a quick run through the
2to3 process.  I can't speak for larger libraries, or ones with lots
of compiled code, but my experience with 2to3 has been great.

--
Jerry