windows 7 create directory with read write execute permission for everybody

Thorsten Kampe thorsten at thorstenkampe.de
Mon Jun 27 01:58:44 EDT 2011

* Gelonida (Sun, 26 Jun 2011 23:53:15 +0200)
> On this machine I used os.mkdir() / os.makedirs() and I had permission
> problems , but only on Windows7.

Windows file permissions haven't changed since 1995. The only addition
was dynamic inheritance support back in 2000.

> I expect, that the win32 libraries might have function calls allowing
> to control the permissions of a directory, but I am really bad with
> win32 as I worked mostly with Linux or code, that was platform
> independent, which Windows file permission handling is not :-( .

Even Linux file systems have ACL support. It's only that few people use
it since application support is sparse. And it lacks (dynamic)
inheritance which is so 1980s.

Thorsten