windows 7 create directory with read write execute permission for everybody

Gelonida gelonida at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 05:32:45 EDT 2011

Hi Tim,

On 6/27/2011 9:39 AM, Tim Golden wrote:
> On 26/06/2011 21:57, Gelonida wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> What do I have to do under python windows to create a directory with all
>> permissions, such, that new files / directories created below will
>> inherit the permissions.
. . .

>> I never used / modified Windows file permissions except once or twice
>> via explorer. I'm thus a little shaky with Microsoft's file permissions.
>
> Have a look at this to see if takes you anywhere:
>
> http://timgolden.me.uk/python/win32_how_do_i/add-security-to-a-file.html

That's exactly the kind of link I was looking for.

Thanks a lot.

For the current existing code I can just replace all open(fname, "w")
calls with a custom wrapper and I should be fine.

One thing, which I would still like to know (though I don't need it for
my current task) is what to do to to setup an ACE on a directory, such,
that all entries below will inherit the directory's access settings.

I will look into this lateron.