installing NLTK

Nige Danton nige.danton at nospam.com
Fri Jun 17 16:57:41 EDT 2011

Hans Mulder <hansmu at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> On 17/06/11 21:58:53, Nige Danton wrote:
>> Mac OSX python 2.6.1: I'm trying to install the natural language toolkit
>> and following the instructions here www.NLTK.org/download I've downloaded
>> the PyYAML package and in a terminal window tried to install it. However

> You're not really giving us enough information, so I'll just guess:

Sorry.

> Are you trying a command that begins with "sudo"?

Good guess. Yes it's sudo python setup.py install

> If so, then you user password should work, provided you're a member
> of the 'admin' group.  To find out, type "groups" in a Terminal
> window.  If the response does not include "admin" as a separate

Ok, thanks. Tried that and the response does not include admin nor my user
name

> word, then you''l have to ask someone to give you admin rights.

It's a personal computer - there is no one to ask.

When I try my user password the reply is that it's not in the sudoers file
and the admin password it just rejects. Any idea what I should do?

--
Nige Danton - Replace the obvious with g.m.a.i.l