running multiple scripts -- which way is more elegant?

Stephen Bunn scbunn at sbunn.org
Mon Jun 20 02:51:44 EDT 2011

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 3:21 PM, Florencio Cano <florencio.cano at gmail.com>wrote:
> I'm with Chris, if the config_scripts are going to be implemented in
> Python always, the second solution is better for me as the operative
> system is less involved.

Thanks for the replies. I would like to use the second method because I plan
to implement everything in python. Unfortunately I have not been able to
work out how to get the imports to work.

import config_script obviously doesn't work and __import__(config_script)
works from the python interpreter but fails in the script (ImportError:
Import by filename is not supported.)