Python 3 syntax error question

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sun Jun 26 13:31:45 EDT 2011

On 6/26/2011 11:28 AM, rzed wrote:
> steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info wrote in

>> Are you aware that you're trying to install a Python2 library
>> under Python3?

> Thank you all for your responses. Yes, I am aware of the version
> difference, but not of all the implications of that. I will run this
> through 2to3, but even without doing that, there are only about four
> syntax errors, and the others were obvious and easily corrected.

When you are done, I hope you feed results back to author as to how to
make code run under Py3 without change (the explicit unpacking needed
for Py3 works in Py2 also) or without further change after 2to3. Then
encourage author to advertise fact and add Py3 classifier if listed in PyPI.

--
Terry Jan Reedy