OT: Code Examples

Erik de Castro Lopo erikd at mega-nerd.com
Tue Mar 1 03:43:43 EST 2011

Fred Marshall wrote:

> I'm interested in developing Python-based programs, including an
> engineering app. ... re-writing from Fortran and C versions.  One of the
> objectives would to be make reasonable use of the available structure
> (objects, etc.).  So, I'd like to read a couple of good, simple
> scientific-oriented programs that do that kind of thing.

Why Python? I really can't understand the rush of every man and
his dog to Python.

Its not that I'm a stick in the mud stuck with C and C++, rather
that I used Python for a number of years from 1998 to 2004 and
rejected it in favour of strict statically typed functional
langauges like Ocaml and Haskell.

Erik