Problems of Symbol Congestion in Computer Languages

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 04:13:39 EST 2011

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 05:30, rusi <rustompmody at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Had there been more meta keys, it might be nice to have a symbol for
>> each key on the keyboard. I personally have experimented with putting
>> the symbols as regular keys and the numbers as the Shifted versions.
>> It's great for programming.
>
> Hmmm... Clever!
> Is it X or Windows?
> Can I have your setup?

It's X, on Kubuntu. I've since "destroyed" that layout, but you can
easily play around in /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/us or whichever
layout you prefer. I am working on another one, though, actually I
just stared working on it yesterday. It's currently broken (I'm in the
middle of troubleshooting it) but you can see what I currently have
here:
http://dotancohen.com/eng/keyboard_layout.html

> One problem we programmers face is that keyboards were made for
> typists not programmers.

Yes, I'm trying to solve that! Ideally in the end all the brackets
including {} won't need modifier keys. Give me some feedback, please,
on that layout.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il